Monday, June 21, 2010

Daddy Is A Cozy Hug


Daddy is a Cozy Hug. Rhonda Gowler Greene. Illustrated by Maggie Smith. 2010. May 2010. Walker & Company. 32 pages.

Daddy is a fish with fins when summer heats the air. We splish and splash in crashing waves--a wiggling, wriggling pair.
Daddy is a tap-tap hammer, building things with me. We work tap-tap and make a house for birdies in our tree.
Daddy is a Cozy Hug is the perfect companion to Mommy Is a Soft, Warm Kiss. It's a sweet celebration of fatherhood. It celebrates the ordinary moments of life, of parenthood, of family life--through each season of the year. One of my favorite lines?
Daddy is a sneaky fox when playing hide and seek.
He makes himself so hard to find...I sometimes have to peek.
The story is told through rhyme, but it's good rhyme so it works well! I also liked the illustrations. I thought they worked well with the text.

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: