Thursday, April 25, 2024

63. Henry's School Days


Henry's School Days. (Too Many School Days) Robert Quackenbush. 1987/2023. 40 pages. [Source: Library] [Picture book]

First sentence: When Henry the Duck was growing up, he got into a lot of trouble at school--like the time he went to hang up his coat on an overcrowded rack. Before his teacher could stop him and help him find a place for his coat...all the coats came tumbling down!

I feel seen. Henry the Duck has quite a time leading his teachers to say that Henry has too many school days. Will Henry the Duck ever have a good day at school? 

When I was growing up I loved some of Quackenbush's books. I've loved becoming reacquainted with his books as an adult. I absolutely LOVE the story, the characters, and the illustrations.

I am definitely going to see what other "new" books they have by Quackenbush.

 

© 2024 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: