Thursday, April 25, 2024

64. Tangle-Knot


Tangle-Knot. Loretta Ellsworth. Illustrated by Annabel Tempest. 2023. 32 pages. [Source: Library] [Picture book]

First sentence: Fia refuses to brush her hair before she goes out to play. "It's a tangled mess," complains Mom. "I like it this way." Her hair always blows around like a tornado and becomes a maze of snarls and knots. The blustery air twists the curls until they're a swirl of tangle-knot, which is not a word, but which is her hair. It's perfect.

Tangle-knot is my hair as well. (Though not perhaps by choice.) I really enjoyed this playful story starring a young girl and her VERY tangled hair. How tangled is it? A bird makes a nest and hatches her three eggs in it. So VERY, VERY tangled. Will she ever brush her hair?

This was a playful and silly story which I appreciated. I love the illustrations. 

 

© 2024 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: