Tuesday, April 16, 2024

49. Poetry Comics


Poetry Comics. Grant Snider. 2024. 96 pages. [Source: Library] [poetry]

First sentence:  I want to put down on paper the feeling of fresh possibilities. 

Poems told in comic book format. This is a combination I never knew I needed, but now I do know. I want MORE, MORE, MORE, MORE. Love this combination so much.

The book is arranged into the four seasons. It opens with spring. 

This one was love at first sight. I enjoyed many of the poems. I did. But I loved the recurring subject. Each of the four seasons contains a poem titled, "How To Write A Poem." (Each one is numbered.) 

How To Write a Poem #1
Find a quiet place.
A sharp pencil.
A blank page.
Sit still.
Keep quiet.
Wait.
A poem will rush in to fill the space.

What I can't really convey is how LOVELY the poems are when illustrated in the comic format.

 

© 2024 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: