Tuesday, January 16, 2024

4. Ploof


Ploof. Ben Clanton and Andy Chou Musser. 2023. [September] 51 pages. [Source: Library] [picture book, not quite board book]

First sentence: This is Ploof. Ploof is feeling lonely. Can you say hello? 

Premise/plot: Ploof is a cloud that your little one can "interact" with as you read the book aloud. How is it interactive? Think Little Einsteins, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, Blue's Clues, Team Umizoomi, etc. For example, "What's Ploof pretending to be now? Ah, I see! Good one! Wow! So many shapes! Can you guess them all? Hmmm... Ploof is running out of steam. Let's help puff Ploof back up. Can you blow softly on Ploof?"

My thoughts: I like this gentle read. I love the pastel colors. I like the friendly narrative. Ploof is adorably drawn. Will this one prove an engaging again-again read? I think it has potential for some little ones at least.

I do think this one is for preschoolers (or even younger). I greatly enjoyed it. I'm torn between four stars and five stars. 

 

© 2024 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: