Friday, January 7, 2022

5. The Quest for Snacks (Cat & Cat Adventures #1)


The Quest for Snacks (Cat & Cat Adventures #1) Susie Yi. 2021. [September] 96 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Squash and Ginny wait until their human leaves for work.

Premise/plot: The Quest for Snacks is an early chapter book told in graphic novel or comic book format. Two cats--Squash and Ginny--team up on a quest. The quest involves snacks, of course, which is to be expected. What you may or may not be expecting is this quest to involve spells and potions and magic wands. These two cats are concocting a magic motion which--if it succeeds--will lead to unlimited snacks. But going to get all the ingredients may prove dangerous...

My thoughts: I love, love, love cats. I wanted to really love this one. I did not. I just wasn't expecting cats to be mixing magical potions, etc. Plus the journey to get all the ingredients was just odd. I didn't need cat mermaids, for example, or evil spirits. This one just wasn't for me.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: