Thursday, January 20, 2022

13. Monday Into the Cave of Thieves (Total Mayhem #1)


Monday: Into the Cave of Thieves. (Total Mayhem #1) 2021. [August] 208 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: It REALLY annoys me when one gets into a Total Mayhem Situation before breakfast. Which is exactly what happened this morning.

Premise/plot: Dash Candoo (our young protagonist) is not having the best of days. Depending on how you define best, I suppose. His day is packed with action, adventure, danger, mystery, and a two-tailed Devil-Cat. After he handles the 'total mayhem' around breakfast time, Dash is off to school--along side his best friend, Rob Newman. But he doesn't attend just ANY old school. And his school day, well, it looks very little like yours....

My thoughts: If you want a book that is wacky, silly, funny, and super-packed with adventure and ACTION, then I do recommend this one. It is the first in a new series. I love that it's a super quick read. I think the fast pace plus the illustrations will make this one appealing to even reluctant readers.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: