Monday, June 4, 2018

Just Go To Bed

Just Go To Bed. Mercer Mayer. 1983. 24 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: I'm a cowboy and I round up cows. I can lasso anything. Dad says..."It's time for the cowboy to come inside and get ready for bed."

Premise/plot: Will Little Critter go to bed willingly?! Or will his dad have to get super-creative and match the wits of his son?!

My thoughts: I love, love, love, love, SUPER love Little Critter. I grew up on Little Critter books. I'm not sure if I love Little Critter because I grew up with him, or if regardless of when I met him I would see myself. 

Quotes:
I'm a space cadet and I zoom to the moon. I capture a robot with my ray gun. Dad says..."This giant robot has captured the space cadet and is going to put him in the bathtub right now."
I'm a sea monster attacking a ship. Dad says, "It's time for the sea monster to have a snack."
I'm a zookeeper feeding my hungry animals. Dad says..."Feeding time is over. Here are the zookeeper's pajamas." 
Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 4 out of 5
Total: 9 out of 10

© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: