Friday, June 8, 2018

Board book: I'm a Mail Carrier

Tinyville Town: I'm A Mail Carrier. Brian Biggs. 2018. Abrams. 22 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Whatever the weather, I have a job to do. I get things where they're supposed to go.

Premise/plot: I'm a Mail Carrier is one of the books in Brian Biggs'  Tinyville Town series. The series includes picture and board books. Other books in the series include Tinyville Town: Gets To Work!, Tinyville Town: I'm a Librarian, Tinyville Town: I'm a Firefighter, Tinyville Town: I'm a Veterinarian, Tinyville Town: I'm a Police Officer, Tinyville Town: Time for School.

This one is a board book. It introduces little ones to the job of mail carrier, obviously. She is a hard worker! Perhaps because she lives in Tinyville Town, she does everything herself.

My thoughts: I liked this one. I did. My absolute favorite in the series is I'm a Librarian. But this one finds a way to work books into it as well! The Mail Carrier carries packages, and one of those packages is a book.

© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: