Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Board book: I'm Silly

I'm silly. Jennifer L. Holm. Illustrated by Matthew Holm. 2017. Random House. 22 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: This is Tizzy Tornado. Whoosh! How are you feeling, Tizzy? Silly!

Premise/plot: There are four board books in Holm's board book series, "My First Comics": I'm Grumpy, I'm Silly, I'm Sunny, I'm Scared. In I'm Silly, young readers meet a tornado who doesn't always understand the consequences of being silly. In other words, silly isn't always funny. OR. You can be funny without being silly.

My thoughts: So far I've read I'm Scared and I'm Silly. I enjoyed I'm Scared. But I think I loved I'm Silly even more. I would definitely recommend this series. I like the comic format. I think it would be a very good introduction to comics.

© 2017 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: