Friday, October 20, 2017

Board book: I'm Grumpy

I'm Grumpy. (My First Comics) Jennifer L. Holm. 2016. 22 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: This is Grumpy Cloud. Why are you so grumpy?

Premise/plot: Grumpy Cloud is grumpy. There are reasons, but, not reasons that cheery people like Sunny can understand. Sunny tries--and fails--to cheer up Grumpy. The harder Sunny tries to make Grumpy happy, the angrier Grumpy gets. The result? Thunder. Will Grumpy and Sunny make up after their fight?

My thoughts: I liked it. It was easy to relate to Grumpy's bad day. I can understand why Sunny's good intentions ended up failing. Sometimes the best thing you can do for a grumpy person is to give them space--plenty of space. That being said, Grumpy does a very nice thing to try to make it up to Sunny. This is one in a series of four books called My First Comics. I'd recommend the whole series. 


© 2017 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: