Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Don't Let The Pigeon Stay Up Late


Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late. Mo Willems. 2006. Hyperion. 40 pages.

Oh, good, it's you. Listen, it's getting late and I need to brush my teeth. Can you do me a favor? Don't let the pigeon stay up late! Thanks.

This is the fourth Pigeon book I've read. The others include The Pigeon Wants A Puppy, The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog, and Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus. While I don't love Willems' Pigeon books as much as his Elephant and Piggie series, it still has something great to offer--humor!

The Pigeon is great at making excuses. And arguing. He's clever like that. As you probably guessed, in this book, Pigeon has dozens of reasons why he is not going to bed just yet. He's NOT TIRED, not even a little bit. And it's just not fair that he can't stay up longer! My favorite part? When Pigeon says:
Hey, hey! Ho, ho! This here Pigeon just won't go!
I would definitely recommend this series!

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

2 comments:

silly eagle books said...

Haven't seen this one yet--I'm sure it would be a hit at our house. :)

silly eagle books said...

Haven't seen this one yet--I'm sure it would be a hit at our house. :)