Monday, October 21, 2024

138. Detective Beans: The Case of the Missing Hat

Detective Bean and the Case of the Missing Hat. Li Chen. 2024. 208 pages. [Source: Library] [5 stars] [graphic novel; j mystery; j fiction; j friendship]

First sentence:  It's Over! I know it was you! 

Premise/plot: Beans is a detective-loving kitten with detective dreams of his own. His first "big" case involves his own missing hat! He left it on the bedside table--next to the open window--and in the morning it is GONE. Can he follow ALL the clues--no matter how many twists and turns--to find the whereabouts of his hat??? 

My thoughts: I loved, loved, loved, loved BEANS. The world of this one is peopled by CATS, and I'm here for it. I love and adore the illustrations AND the story. I love Beans, his mother, and his best friend, Biscuit. I love the main mystery and the back-burner mystery as well. This is a great graphic novel for young readers...and older readers who love all things CAT.

 

© 2024 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: