Friday, October 4, 2024

133. Bear and Bird: The Adventure and Other Stories

133. Bear and Bird: The Adventure and Other Stories (Bear and Bird #3) Jarvis. 2024. 64 pages. [Source: Library] [5 stars] [early chapter book; animal fantasy; friendship]

First sentence: It was Tuesday. And every Tuesday, Bear and Bird would spend the morning cloud-watching. But not this Tuesday. Because Bird wasn't feeling very well.

My thoughts preview: Bear and Bird have to be my DELIGHTFUL find of the year. This duo has won me over and I can't stop gushing about how much I love and adore these two.

Premise/plot: Bear and Bird are back for their THIRD adventure. This is an early chapter illustrated story book for young readers. It has four inter-connected stories. This one has "The Nothing," "The Hole," "The Mole," and "The Adventure." 

My thoughts: I LOVED this one so much. I don't love it more, mind you, than the first two. But I love it just as much or as equally. My favorite story of this one is "The Nothing." Bear has gone to Bird's house to be supportive of his best, best friend. Bear tries and tries and tries and tries....to no avail. ALL of the things Bear tries...fall flat and go unappreciated. What does Bird want from Bear?????? A companionable nothing. 

I would definitely recommend all three chapter books.  


 

© 2024 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: