Wednesday, October 2, 2024

132. We Are Up A Tree

132. We Are Up A Tree (The Dog and Pony Show #2) Jeff Mack. 2024. 64 pages. [Source: Library] [4 stars] [early reader, graphic novel]

First sentence: Look, Pony, a tree!
Yes, I see that.
Can I climb it?
You can try.

Premise/plot: Dog has his heart set on climbing a tree. Will it go well? Maybe. Maybe not. Pony is a super supportive friend....for better or worse. But these two undoubtedly have a LOT of fun in this adventure.

My thoughts: I loved, loved, love, love the first book in this series. These two characters won my heart in that book. I was so pleased to read this second book in the series. For me it isn't quite as magical as the first book. But it was still SO much fun. I love the expressiveness of the illustrations. I love the characters. I enjoyed the story. It still packed in plenty of silliness.

 

© 2024 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: