Monday, March 25, 2024

43. The Great Puptective


The Great Puptective. Alina Tysoe. 2024. 128 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: One day, Sasha the human came home with a strange box. I think it's about time that Truffles got a friend.

Premise/plot: Early chapter book in "graphic novel" format. (In other words, an illustrated chapter book with plenty of speech bubbles showing the dialogue). Truffles is not thrilled that his new "friend" is an enthusiastic puppy named Poppy. Poppy considers herself an amateur detective always on the case. Cases seem to find her most of the time, even if they aren't really proper cases. Truffles may just have enough of Poppy one of these days....

My thoughts: I really LOVED the characters Poppy and Truffles. The book is silly, cute, fun. I loved how the story unfolded throughout the book. Definitely reminded me of old school Garfield and Friends episodes in the best way possible. 

 

© 2024 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: