Monday, March 11, 2024

34. Buffalo Fluffalo


Buffalo Fluffalo. Bess Kalb. Illustrated by Erub Kraan. 2024. 40 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: There once was a Buffalo Fluffalo...a snuffalo, scruffalo, surly old buffalo, who was ever so snarly and gnarly and tuffalo. I'm the Buffalo Fluffalo--I heave and I huffalo. Leave me alone because I've had enuffalo!

Premise/plot: Is Buffalo Fluffalo as tough as he wants you to believe? Maybe. Maybe not. Probably not. Is he adorable? Always and forever.

My thoughts: This picture book is written in rhyme. It is absolutely adorable in the most precious of ways. It is probably more for younger readers than older ones. (It may be "too cute" for some.) I liked this one. I did. I didn't love the text in a love, love, love way. But I did think the illustrations were so incredibly adorable and cute and precious. So I definitely liked it and am happy to recommend it.

 

© 2024 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: