Wednesday, October 20, 2021

157. Donut Feed the Squirrels


Donut Feed the Squirrels (Norma and Belly #1) Mika Song. 2020. 112 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Belly! Wake up, I'm making pancakes!

Premise/plot: Donut Feed the Squirrel is the first in a new graphic novel series for young readers. It stars squirrels. Norma and Belly are introduced in this one! Good news: Norma is making pancakes!!! Bad news: Norma BURNS the pancakes. Good news: the squirrels SMELL something delicious--donuts! Bad news: It may be difficult for the squirrels to GET the donuts. In fact, it may take a genius plan....can Norma and Belly (with a little help) get their paws on donuts???

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. It was fun. It was funny. I loved seeing the plan in motion. The bit with the ROLLER SKATES was just great fun. I think it's a promising start to a new series.

 

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: