Tuesday, October 19, 2021

156. Dear Beast: The Pet Parade


Dear Beast Pet Parade. (Dear Beast #2) Dori Hillestad Butler. Illustrated by Kevan Atteberry. 2021. 80 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Dear Baxter, It has come to my attention that the city pet parade is coming up. I have marched in many parades with Andy. This year, as a sign of our friendship, I would like to invite you to march in my place. What do you say? Sincerely, Simon

Premise/plot: Simon (the black cat) continues his correspondence with 'the Beast' (aka Baxter the dog) in the second book in the series. In this one, there is a pet parade. Owners and pets dress up in costume and have a parade. Simon would LOVE to have Baxter take his place in the parade. (I get a feeling Simon really doesn't like wearing costumes!) But Simon is also a curious cat, and as the plans for the parade are kept very hush, hush...Simon gets frustrated and upset. Maybe HE should be in the parade after all????

My thoughts: I liked this one. I liked all three books. I love the personalities of the characters. Simon and Baxter are cute and charming. Though Simon would hate to be called CUTE or CHARMING. The two definitely have distinct personalities which is essential, in my opinion.

 

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: