Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Crafty Llama

Crafty Llama. Mike Kerr. Illustrated by Renata Liwska. 2018. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: It was a lovely, sunny day! Llama knew there were so many things she ought to do: chores, this, that, and whatever. But...it was such a lovely day that she wanted to do something special. Something lovely.

Premise/plot: Llama wants to spend her day CRAFTING. Soon others have joined Llama. She's inspiring nearly everyone to do something fun, something CRAFTY. But not all are on board. Beaver sees crafting as a waste--waste of time, waste of energy, waste of everything. He doesn't have a crafty bone in his body, or does he? Can Beaver's practicability come in handy after all?

My thoughts: I really enjoyed this one. The Llama reminded me of my mom actually. (I won't say if the Beaver reminded me of someone....) This was a lovely book celebrating individuality...and generosity...and friendship.

Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 4 out of 5
Total: 8 out of 10


© 2018 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: