Review Policy for Young Readers
I am interested in reviewing titles for young readers aged birth to ten.
This would include board books, bath books, cloth books, activity books, pop-up books, picture books, early readers, chapter books, etc.
(Occasionally I review books that would be great for reading aloud.)
I also welcome poetry and nonfiction titles for this youngest age group including everything from simple concept books to books geared towards older students in elementary school.
If you're an author or publisher and would like for me to consider your book for review, I'd love to hear from you. (You may contact me at laney_po AT yahoo DOT com. But you should know several things first:
1) I do not guarantee a review of your book. I am just agreeing to consider it for review.
2) I will read picture books, board books, and early readers in their entirety.
3) I will give all longer books (chapter books, etc) at least fifty pages.
4) I am not promising anyone (author or publisher) a positive review in exchange for a review copy. That's not how I work.
5) All reviews are my honest, subjective opinions of a book. My blog features reviews ranging from positive (and gushing) to negative.
6) I do not guarantee that I will get to your book immediately. It may happen quickly. But often it does not. Don't expect your book to become my number one priority the moment it arrives.
7) Emailing me to ask if I've read your book every other week won't help me get to it any faster. Though if you want to email me to check and see if it arrived safely, then that's fine!