Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Phineas and Ferb: Nothing But Trouble

Nothing But Trouble. Adapted by John Green. 2010. Disney. 32 pages.

This book is a "junior graphic novel" adaptation of an episode of Phineas and Ferb. Now, I love Phineas and Ferb. I do. I love some episodes more than others. I've found some episodes are good viewing once or twice, but become obnoxious the twentieth time around. I've found some episodes are so very good, so very funny, that I could never tire of them. Nothing But Trouble features "Day of the Living Gelatin!" and "Elementary, My Dear Stacy!" I don't *love* either of these episodes in particular. (I don't dislike them either.)

In the first story, Phineas and Ferb fill a swimming pool with gelatin. It's fun at first--in a bouncy way--but the fun is spoiled by Dr. Doofenshmirtz's "Turn-Everything-Evil-Inator." Soon a gelatin monster--an evil gelatin monster--is on the loose.

In the second story, Phineas and Ferb along with Candace and Stacy are visiting grandparents in England. After staying up all night reading Sherlock Holmes, Candace is ready to bust her brothers in a whole new way.



© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: