Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Phineas and Ferb: The Chronicles of Meap

The Chronicles of Meap. Adapted by John Green. 2010. Disney. 32 pages.

This is a "junior graphic novel" adaptation of a Phineas and Ferb episode--The Chronicles of Meap. This is one of the best episodes--in my opinion. I love it because it's so funny, so quotable. (I now know why frogs and cows don't date.) It's about how you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, or an alien by its meap! It has a great subplot too with Perry and Dr. Doofenshmirtz. I love the episode.

I'll be honest. I'd probably love watching this story more than reading it. They leave out *some* of the best parts of the cartoon. They shortened Dr. Doffenshmirtz's back story quite a bit. Which is understandable but unfortunate. Since it is one of his best back stories that I've ever heard.



© Becky Laney of Young Readers

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Awesome! My son and I love watching P&F--and this is one of my favorite episodes (mostly because of the Star Wars references).