Thursday, October 21, 2010

How To Raise a Dinosaur

How To Raise a Dinosaur. Natasha Wing. Illustrated by Pablo Bernasconi. 2010. October 2010. Running Press. 24 pages.
Are you thinking of getting a pet?
Then you've come to the right place.
Picking the perfect pet can be perpetually perplexing.
There are so many choices!
There are...
mice and horses and...
cats and dogs and...
snakes and gerbils and rats and lizards and birds and...need I go on?
Yes I do! Because do I have a pet for you!
If you're going to get a pet dinosaur, you're going to need to know how to take care of it. This book by Natasha Wing may just help you out. It tells you exactly what you need to know about pet dinosaurs--how to avoid some unpleasant situations, how to avoid getting eaten--for example!

There are many books about pets, many funny books about pets. How does this one compare? This one is playful and spirited. I loved all the flaps! I did. It made for an interactive experience. Little hands like flaps--like the surprises they contain. I am happy to recommend this one.

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: