Thursday, October 7, 2010

ABC, Baby Me!


ABC, Baby Me! Susan B. Katz. Illustrated by Alicia Padron. 2010. September 2010. Random House. 28 pages. 

Adore me
Bathe me
Cuddle me, too
Diaper me
Encourage me
Fix my boo-boo
Giggle, Giggle
Hug me
Imagine I can fly
Jiggle me
Kiss me
La la, lullaby
I loved this one. I just LOVED it. Very cute. Very sweet. Very affectionate. Very simple. We go through the ABC's of a baby's day. We see baby at play, at rest, at meal time, at bath time too! I enjoyed the rhymes. I enjoyed the illustrations--very calm, very soothing, very gentle. A perfect complement to the text!

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

2 comments:

BookChook said...

It reminded me a little of Mem Fox and Helen Oxenbury's Ten Little Fingers, do you know it? I love well-done rhyming pbs, love muted colours and books that celebrate babies. Kids do too!

Alicia Padrón said...

Hi Becky,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I'm glad you enjoyed my book so much. :o)

I love your blog btw and added it to my goggle reader. I'll visit for sure!

Alicia