Tuesday, August 18, 2026
67. Hairy and Scary!
67. Hairy and Scary! Jan Thomas. 2026. 40 pages. [Source: Library] [5 stars, humor, picture book]
First sentence: Hello! We are the Rhyming Dust Bunnies! Ed, Ned, Ted and Bob! We rhyme all the time! Well, actually I don't rhyme. This is a fan! What rhymes with fan? Tan. Can. Oh no.
Premise/plot: This is the THIRD book in the Rhyming Dust Bunnies series by Jan Thomas. It has been FOREVER since she last released a book in the series. But the good news is a whole new generation of little ones are ready to be introduced to the awesome Jan Thomas. In this one, the rhyming dust bunnies are in danger....or are they????? Bob is definitely trying to tell them SOMETHING. If only they would stop rhyming long enough to listen.
My thoughts: I will always love Jan Thomas' picture books because I've read them so many times. They make great read alouds. You can really put a lot of enthusiasm and silliness into them. This one was fun and nostalgic.
© 2026 Becky Laney of Young Readers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment