Friday, February 23, 2024

23. Some Cats


Board book: Some Cats. Illustrated by Lydia Nichols. 2023. 12 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Sometimes cats seek. Sometimes they hide. Sometimes they find things and climb right inside! Sometimes cats stretch in the warm morning sun. Other times, climbing just sounds like more fun. Sometimes cats cuddle and snuggle all day, but sometimes they want to leap, jump, and play.

Premise/plot: This board book is a shape book, and a layered shape book at that. It stars PLENTY of cats.

My thoughts: I love, love, love cats. I do. I appreciate board books. I know not many adults read board books for fun, but I do. This rhyming board book is delightful. I like the text, the illustrations, and the textures. 

 

© 2024 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: