Friday, February 23, 2024

22. Apple vs. Pumpkin


Board book: Apple vs. Pumpkin. Jeffrey Burton. Illustrated by Lydia Jean. 2023. 22 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: When it comes to fall, there's so much to love. The weather turns cool, the clothes get cozy, and there's only ONE treat everyone wants to eat.

Premise/plot: Are you Team Apple or Team Pumpkin? Which "fall" treat do you prefer? In this board book, apple and pumpkin "boast battle" to see which is best. 

My thoughts: I like this one. I do. I love both apples and pumpkins. I have a love-hate relationship with the illustrations. Some spreads I love. Some not so much. But I definitely liked this one more often than not. The text is super cute--precious at times. Such as the following:

Did you know every kid is the apple of someone's eye?
Did you know every kid is someone's little pumpkin?

 

© 2024 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: