Wednesday, May 18, 2022

58. DJ Funkyfoot: The Show Must Go Oink


DJ Funkyfoot: The Show Must Go Oink (DJ Funkyfoot #3) Tom Angleberger. Illustrated by Heather Fox. 2022. [March] 112 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: My phone rang. "Greetings," I said. "I am DJ Funkyfoot and I am at your service."

Premise/plot: DJ Funkyfoot is in between jobs when his third adventure opens. After a few false starts, DJ Funkyfoot finds himself a new employer. Great Wolfgoose Pigwig is in great need of a butler; a butler who will do anything and everything to make sure everything is done EXACTLY to his orders. Readers pick up on--or at least older adult readers will pick up on--the fact that Pigwig may not be the best boss!!! 

Many misadventures follow his first day on the job...

My thoughts: I really have enjoyed this early chapter book series. DJ Funkyfoot is a great narrator. I've found the books fun, charming, enjoyable. This third book is no exception. I have not done any research, but it almost sounded like the author was concluding the series. Everything was wrapped up nicely with a bow. If so, I'm disappointed. 

I do recommend the series. It's just so much fun. Ridiculous, whimsical, but super fun.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: