Friday, April 22, 2022

49. Smitten with Kittens


Smitten with Kittens. Florence Minor. Illustrated by Wendell Minor. 2022. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Who isn't smitten with a kittens sweet mew
and all the cute things that kittens will do?

Premise/plot: Smitten with Kittens is a picture book written in verse celebrating all things kitten. 

My thoughts: I love, love, love, love, love the illustrations. The black-and-white "simple" drawings of kittens delighted me from start to finish. It was just a joy to read this one because of the super lovely artwork. The text was joyous as well. I liked the rhyming verse.

I also appreciated the spread of kitten (and cat) facts included in the back matter. I knew many of these facts because I'm a big fan of Kitten Academy on YouTube. Mr. A is always sharing lovely little tidbits along with showing off his adorable foster kittens. I think this is exactly the kind of book his wife DJ would enjoy.

 

© 2022 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: