Wednesday, January 6, 2021

3. Judy Moody Was In A Mood


Judy Moody Was In A Mood. (Judy Moody #1) Megan McDonald. Illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds. 2000/2020. 160 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: Judy Moody did not want to give up summer. She did not feel like brushing her hair every day. She did not feel like memorizing spelling words. And she did not want to sit next to Frank Pearl, who ate paste, in class. Judy Moody was in a mood.

Premise/plot: Judy Moody adjusts to starting a new grade--third--and making new friends in Megan McDonald's Judy Moody Was In A Mood. It is the first in a LONG series. Judy is predictably unique and quirky. And she predictably has a little BOTHER of a brother nicknamed STINK. Her adventures or misadventures at home and school are illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds. 

My thoughts: I definitely enjoyed this one! I don't know that I loved it so much that I want to read the entire series start to finish. But I definitely liked the writing style and layout. Her humor wasn't always in line with me--at least me as an adult. But it's a strong like for me. 

 

© 2021 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: