Friday, May 6, 2011

Chicken, Chicken, Duck!

Chicken, Chicken, Duck! Nadia Krilanovich. 2011. Random House. 32 pages.

Chicken 
Chicken
Duck
Goat 
Sheep
Llama
maa maa
baa baa
snuffle
cluck
Quack!

Chicken, Chicken, Duck! is one of those picture books that is very simple. In just a few words--in just a few pages--Nadia Krilanovich tells a simple story with a humorous twist. (Will every reader find it funny? Well, I can't answer that for you. Picture books are incredibly subjective.) If you have a little one in your life that loves everything farm-related, farm-animal related, if you have a little one that loves animal sounds, then this new book may be for you.

This one didn't wow me. I thought it cute enough that it was worth reviewing. And I do plan on sharing it as a read aloud. But. It's not one I see--at this moment--making my best list. Still not every book has to be THE BEST BOOK EVER.

Text: 2 out of 5
Illustrations: 2 out of 5
Total: 4 out of 10

© 2011 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: