Saturday, February 12, 2011

I Love You Always and Forever

I Love You Always and Forever. Jonathan Emmett. Illustrated by Daniel Howarth. 2010. Scholastic. 24 pages.

Longtail and Littletail were playing in the forest. They scampered through the bushes and scurried round the trees. Littletail wanted to play a game. "Catch me if you can!" she laughed. And she leapt into the grass. Littletail was fast--but Longtail was faster. And he caught her and swept her into his arms. "You always catch me!" gasped Littletail. "Do I always?" said Longtail. "Well, it won't be forever. One day you will be too fast for me to catch!"

This one is wordy but oh-so-sweet. It's one of those precious-and-adorable books that perhaps adults love a more than the little ones. Longtail loves Littletail and though many things may change with time--his love for her will never, ever change. For his love for her is the forever kind of love. The book shows them spending some good quality time together--playing games, laughing, enjoying one another in the moment. It's a good book, a sweet book. With the perfect ending.

© 2011 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: