Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Suzy Goose and the Christmas Star

Suzy Goose and the Christmas Star. Petr Horacek. 2009. Candlewick. 32 pages.

It was Christmas Eve. Suzy Goose and her friends were gathered around the tree. It was beautiful. But it was missing one thing. "It needs a star on top," honked Suzy. "Just like that bright one in the sky. I will get it."

Suzy is one determined goose. When she decides that the Christmas tree needs to be topped with a star--even a star from the sky--she'll do anything and everything to do it. But can a goose--even a determined goose--bring a star down from the sky? Will this one end in disappointment? Or will Suzy's friends have a way of cheering her up after all?!

I liked this one. I liked the illustrations best of all. They were so well done. I just loved looking at each spread! Of course, I liked the story too! I liked meeting Suzy. She was very spirited, very determined! I would definitely recommend this one.

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: