Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Guess How Much I Love You All Year Round

Guess How Much I Love You: All Year Round: Four Seasons, Four Stories. Sam McBratney. Illustrated by Anita Jeram. 2010. Candlewick. 72 pages.

Guess How Much I Love You All Year Round collects four previously published stories: Let's Play in the Snow, When I'm Big, Colors Everywhere, and A Surprise for the Nutbrown Hares.

Each story stars--of course--Big Nutbrown Hare and Little Nutbrown Hare. Each story is set in a different season: spring, summer, autumn, winter. Each story focuses on learning, growing, and being a part of the world around them. There's a focus on nature, for example, that just feels right. Like the original story, these stories are a bit wordy--very dialogue heavy. But, for the most part, I enjoyed this one. In some ways, I liked these stories more than the original.

© Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: