Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Find The Puppy & Bear in the Square

LittleMiss' mama was very excited that I have chosen to make her a guest blogger on the site. And so she emailed me today with some of LittleMiss' current favorites:

FIND THE PUPPY by Phil Roxbee Cox and Stephen Cartwright

I believe that she is particularly fond of this book because the puppy in the illustrations looks like her own puppy, Pilgrim. She likes that it isn't too "wordy" because really it is all about the pictures and short sentences that rhyme. She also seems to follow my finger when I point to the puppy on each page. She seems particularly fond of the page with the red background when puppy makes a puddle by spilling a bucket of soapy water.

BEAR IN THE SQUARE by Stella Blackstone and illustrated by Debbie Harter.

The colors are very very vibrant. She was so impressed with the bold visuals that she did not even realize that the book is teaching her to count. (Her mother is trying not to offer her own opinions about math being boring)





A brief aside: I have begun to be concerned that I am starting a bad habit by reading to her on her changing table. Is this how bathroom reading begins?

No comments: