Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Pooh: The Merry Christmas Mystery

The Merry Christmas Mystery. (Winnie the Pooh) Betty G. Birney. Illustrated by Nancy Stevenson. 1993. 24 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: It was a very snow night before Christmas.

Premise/plot: Santa gets VERY confused about where everyone lives in the hundred acre woods and delivers all his presents to the wrong people. Can Pooh and his friends make things right so that everyone has a merry Christmas?

My thoughts: This was a silly book! For little ones who love Walt Disney's Pooh, then this one is worth reading. (I've read some that weren't.) I liked the story. I liked the characters. It made me miss the Saturday morning cartoon.

Text: 3 out of 5
Illustrations: 3 out of 5
Total: 6 out of 10

© 2017 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: