Tuesday, November 21, 2017

I'm Sorry

I'm Sorry. Gina Mayer and Mercer Mayer. 1995. 24 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: Whenever I do something wrong, I just say "I'm sorry."

Premise/plot: Little Critter is always careful to say, "I'm sorry." But he is definitely not always careful in the first place.

My thoughts: I liked this one. I didn't love, love, love it like I have other Little Critter titles. But it was definitely an enjoyable read. Little Critter can make a BIG, BIG, BIG mess. In this one, he learns--perhaps temporarily--that you have to be careful and considerate in the first place. Saying "I'm sorry" and then not changing your behavior shows you're not really that sorry.

This one reminded me of a Daniel Tiger song. Saying I'm sorry is the FIRST step, not the only step.

Text: 3 out of 5
Illustrations: 3 out of 5
Total: 6 out of 10

© 2017 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: