Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Follow The Track All The Way Back

Follow the Track All The Way Back. Timothy Knapman. Illustrated by Ben Mantle. 2017. Candlewick. 32 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Today was a big day for Little Train. He was going out on the track all by himself for the very first time!

Premise/plot: Little Train's first day of independence leads to new adventures. But will Little Train remember how to get back home at the end of the day?

My thoughts: I liked this one. I am always glad to see new train books published. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. New train books mean a possible break from reading old train books, beloved old train books. The illustrations are wonderful in this one. The story is predictable. The title says it all. But predictable isn't always a bad thing. There are only so many things a train on a track can do.

Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 10 out of 10


© 2017 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: