Saturday, October 21, 2017

Board book: I'm Sunny

I'm Sunny. (My First Comics) Jennifer L. Holm. 2016. 22 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: This is Sunny. What makes you happy?

Premise/plot: I'm Sunny introduces the characters Sunny and Tizzy. (Tizzy is a tornado who stars in his own book, I'm Silly!) What makes Sunny happy? A balloon--a red one. Everything is going okay until Tizzy wants a turn with the balloon. Sunny does not want to share. Will these two work it out?

My thoughts: I liked it okay. I enjoyed the other books in the 'My First Comics' series more. But it wasn't bad. I would recommend reading all four books. This one on its own, well, it isn't the most thrilling book. But introduced as part of a set, and it might make a better impression. 


© 2017 Becky Laney of Young Readers

No comments: